Monday, March 7, 2016

Slice of Life - Nature Antics

up, down, up, down
little brown furry rodent catches my eye
little bends
nibble, nibble, nibble
repeat

pop up taller
nibble, nibble, nibble
little bends
looks like a warm up routine

gone
not for long - WOAH!
warm up routine
prep for gymnastics

belly curving over
bird feeder roof
head down
paws picking
black sunflower seeds
nibble, nibble, nibble
bushy tail balances
with a great purpose

no birds in sight


Today while cooking dinner I kept getting sidetracked by the squirrel.  I kept stopping while rinsing and trimming my green beans because the actions of our squirrel were fascinating.  I use the word our squirrel carefully, we don't own this squirrel but I think it's visited before because I've witnessed similar antics.  I'm wondering though if it's the same squirrel each time or a different one.  I was too far away to notice coloring and markings but I've decided today noticing actions is pretty interesting.

Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers group for hosting our writing community and you can enjoy other slices from today by stopping by the link provided.

4 comments:

  1. Love it -- I might be trying a poem soon!!! You are inspiring me to play with structure!!! Hope your dinner was lovely.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these precise details that you are collecting. How often do we have these thoughts but then just move on and if they are not recorded they are lost, until you witness the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many wonderful things happening around us but we are too busy with our own. But if we stop for a few minutes, look around, other living things exist. I notice a lot of that in the summer where I don't have to deal with the hustle and bustle of working everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite easily distracted by squirrels when I'm looking out the kitchen window or sitting on the screened porch. Your poem made me smile!

    ReplyDelete