Sunday, March 6, 2016

Slice of Life - Vanilla Bean

long, skinny, and curvy
rich brown in color
moist
soaked or swam too long
rumpled - puckered= wrinkled
slit and scraped the inside
itsy-bitsy - pinhead size dots
rich brown in color
vanilla bean
key ingredient
light vanilla bean ice cream
homemade


Tonight I thought I would stop and notice the actual small bowl of light vanilla bean ice cream and the crushed up thin mint Girl Scout cookies we added.  Unfortunately, the bowl didn't last long enough to stop and notice it.  If you have stopped by before on my blog, you might be aware I like ice  cream so while this base was a new recipe the cookie addition is not.  Then I realized what really intrigued me about my day was using a real vanilla bean.  What an interesting form for the traditional vanilla liquid I often use.  It's interesting how I thought I had one plan for writing today and something else completely different made it into my notebook.

Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers group for hosting our writing community and you can enjoy other slices from today by stopping by the link provided.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I try to bake banana bread, prepared finger foods, baked chicken but not make my own ice cream. Not even thought of doing that. It's great to read something like this on a Sunday night. Now, I am craving for some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vilma, I just linked the recipe after reading your comment in my post. It's pretty easy to make, just takes a bit of time to cool down before you freeze it. I hope you try it.

      Delete
  2. I love how the simple ingredients of life flavor our writing throughout this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to guess what you were noticing but I was stumped. I've never done anything with a vanilla bean pod. Truth be told, they scare me. I'm afraid I will screw it up. Enjoy your frosty treat!

    ReplyDelete