Saturday, July 16, 2016

Redesigned and a New Blog - {Celebrate This Week}

Phew!  It's been quite the week thinking about goals, purpose, design, space, and writing.  I've wrestled, yes literally with Blogger about layout and images.  I've played around, made mistakes, called in some support, and preserved.  I've studied mentor blogs and thought a lot about less is more and white space.  You will find current lists for Places I Go for Guidance and Places I Go for Inspiration.  Today I'm celebrating redesigning this space and creating a new writing space!

I started this blog, Enjoy and Embrace Learning in 2008 when I switched grade levels from third to kindergarten.  Franki Sibberson and I were together during a Literacy Connection workshop where I was predicting this grade level switch was coming.  In Franki's usual encouraging way, she suggested a blog to document and share my transition.  That is how Enjoy and Embrace Learning began where I enjoy sharing books and things related to my classroom.

Recently, I started to feel a nudge to create a space where I could organize my thoughts and blogposts focused more on being a writer.  I try to participate in the slice of life weekly posts and for a few years have done the Slice of Life Challenge for a whole month several times.  I love the feel of these posts for a whole month together and often don't post anything else because I feel it would break up the rhythm of how the blog is viewed and read.  I've also enjoyed reading blogs with a slice of life or poetry or celebration focus.  My previous post in these three areas have been moved to Enjoy and Embrace Writing for consistency and possibilities.  

I hope you will visit both blogs physically and just say ohhh and ahhh.  I'll feel the vibes through the rays of sunshine today.  I have the blogs linked to each other via a tab at the top.  Also, if you have Enjoy and Embrace Learning showing up in your blog reader or inbox, please consider adding Enjoy and Embrace Writing, there are links to do that in the sidebar on the right.  

Thank you Ruth at Ruth Ayers Writes for encouraging us to find daily celebrations in our lives.  If you want to read more positive things stop by this week's post, Family Life.

9 comments:

  1. Good for you, Mandy! I started another blog about my experiences on the farm with the writerly focus, too - a more personal writing space. The more we live and grow as writers, the better off our students and our practice will be. I look forward to learning from you in both spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You took some brave steps into redesign. I can never quite bring myself to that step. I'm thinking having two blogs is a bit like having a home and a beach house. I always love visiting my "beach house."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, YOU! Love the clean design. (But you probably know that's my preference!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- this is great. I love how you thought through your needs and goals. And I love your blog roll lists for guidance and inspiration. Congratulations on this big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that new header photo! Also loved your new space, can't wait to read more of your thoughts. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Exciting to see your new thinking and sharing with us. Love the new format.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed hearing your thinking about creating a different space for different parts of your life, Mandy, and look forward to seeing more from Enjoy and Embrace Writing! It looks great, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giggled when I read your comment about wrestling with Blogger. I spend a lot of time fussing with Blogger over formatting issues! Your new blog is certainly something to celebrate. Looking forward to reading your writerly thoughts here. I'll add your new blog to the list of blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete