Sunday, July 10, 2016

Picture Book 10 for 10 is Coming!

                                                                        

Savoring
Soaking it up
Skipping along 
Summer

There's a new Voxer
Cathy checking in
Predicting my summer projects
Sharing her pd experiences

Then 
She shares the zinger
Sunday is July 10th
Picture book 10 for 10 is coming!


I knew it was coming earlier in the week but then I easily went back to savoring, soaking it up, skipping along, and my current summer plans.  Too be quite honest, even after agreeing to do a launch post today, I woke up and went - Oh, no!  - I didn't get that done and I was out the door to two of the most exciting softball games of the season.  While I was on the field, I read Cathy's post and decided it would be better if I shared mine tonight for our evening readers and twitter friends.  

I hope you will consider joining us.  We started this project because I was reading all of her fabulous suggestions in her book, More Than Guided Reading and wrote my reflections, which connected us.  I thought I had struck gold when she left a comment on my blog and today I still think I struck gold.  We love to brainstorm ideas, listen to each other, and then push each other for various little projects and presentations.  Sometimes I laugh and chuckle at her suggestions because she always has many but in the end, we come up with some good ideas like this one.  

We are thrilled so many people join us.  It increases the positive energy of a new school year.  It brings educators together around something positive and encourages sharing.  



Here's some tidbits for joining us.


  1. Grab a Badge (I like to select the image and save image as...)
  2. Join the #pb10for10 Google Community
  3. Choose Your Favorites:  All you need to do is choose ten picture books you cannot live without for whatever reason.  In the first days of this event, everyone shared their ten very favorite titles.  This still works.  You will notice, however, that many past participants choose some type of theme to determine their selections.  We'll leave this up to you.
  4. Narrow Your List to Ten:  It isn't easy, is it?  We've seen some crafty ways to get around that number, but really ten is plenty. 
  5. Write Your August 10th Post:  Write a post about the ten books you cannot live without.  Share your post on August 10th and link it to the Picture Book 10 for 10 Community.  
  6. No Blog?  No Problem:  If you don't have a blog, this might be the perfect time to start one --- or there are a million digital ways to join (see post below).  Of course, now with the Google Community it is quite easy to just post your favorites directly into the community without a blog.  We will also be tweeting from the #pb10for10 hashtag.
  7. Comment:  On August 10th (and maybe for a week --- there are a lot of posts) take some time to read posts from other participants.  Please comment on at least three.


Please share our event with all of your friends and encourage them to join us.  

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,
    You make me laugh. We are a bit dangerous, but you have to admit this August event is one of your favorites.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete