Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Not again... {Slice of Life}

thawp...
thawp...
thawp...


Oh no, not again.  Brake.  Hop off.  Turn slowly around and yes.  I have another flat tire.  He worked so hard yesterday fixing it after our ride on Saturday.  I rode it to the grocery store and it was fine.  That was a short distance.  What do I do now?  I'm all alone.  I'm about a mile and a half from home. I don't have that extra tire we bought.  I don't have my cell phone.  I don't have my handy dandy husband the bike repairman.  I can walk.  I started to get a little bit grumpy.  I like walking.  It is quiet tonight.  I love this little wooden section on the path.  I hear some birds.  Maybe someone knew I needed to slow down, think, and be mindful.  

Epilogue - I took my new bike to where I purchased it and I had run over something on the first bike ride that had a slit in the outer tire.  Excellent customer service with a free repair and my biking adventures are back on track.


Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community.

1 comment:

  1. A problem turned into an opportunity to slow down. Seems to be a theme in what I'm reading today--slowing down, breathing, noticing your surroundings, being present in the moment. Glad your bike adventures will get to continue!

    ReplyDelete