Thursday, March 19, 2020

A Ghost - 19 of 31 Slice of Life}

I find peeling off painters tape rewarding, soothing, and an accomplishment.  That means the walls are painted, the trim is painted and we can start rebuilding the space just painted.  My energy level usually spikes and I start shifting and moving things to make it home again.  I try to use existing things and plan for a few new to keep the new momentum going.  This week I'm learning not everyone operates this way.  Her energy level didn't spike.  While she's very excited for her new space she's been overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed is bringing a rollercoaster of emotions and rightfully so.  She thought she would be on campus til May and independent. I'm walking a fine line of coach, director, listener, therapist, and ghost.  Yes, a ghost because sometimes I have to disappear and give us both a break.

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community and offering this challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment