Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Normal and Not Normal. {18 of 31 Slice of Life}

A piece of normal and not normal was welcomed today.  We got to the door for a weekly appointment we have and there was a sign on the door that no one could wait in the waiting room with the directions to sit in my car.  She waved at me and went to wash her hands, also in our directions on the sign.  I told her I'd see her in a bit.  Having this appointment today felt normal and as soon as we got there everything was not normal.  I didn't want to sit in my car.  The light raindrops had lifted and I had the idea to sit outside.  I sat wondering why the sky had to be gray and then I embraced the birds chirping.  Learning recently things in flight are a sign/represent hope.  These birds gave me some moments of hope.  Then the raindrops came back and I sat in my car.  I read a book which is what I would of done in the waiting room so maybe that was another moment of normal.  I think once things settle with school and home more normal will be back and a new normal will become.  

I had to find balance in the recent turn of events and slicing was paused.  Tonight I caught up with a post for each of the past few days...they were drafted in my head and I just couldn't get them out.  If you'd like to read more about my journey this week, please look back.  

Thank you Two Writing Teachers for fostering this writing community and offering this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I like your title. There is nothing normal about this time, yet there are so many things that are normal. We are now just forced to notice both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back friend ... was thinking about you. Stay connected as we all navigate our new normals.

    ReplyDelete