Sunday, May 28, 2023

Lemonade Hurricane by Licia Morelli {Mental Wellness}

Lemonade Hurricane A Story of Mindfulness and Meditation by Licia Morelli is told from he point of view of a sibling with a very active younger brother. Emma likes moments in her day to rest and Henry is very active with running, wrestling, and noises. Henry has days filled with activities and really enjoys karate putting all his energy in to it. Emma calls all his energy - a lemonade hurricane.

She'd love for Henry to slow down and tries to show him how to be still. Henry is all over the tree and the yard while she is sharing how to pause and breathe. Then she shares an idea of riding an elephant and Henry can sit and breathe with Emma.

I love hearing about the emotions and journey a sibling has while trying to share strategies for an overactive family member. 

The author's note shares an analogy for mindfulness and meditation to a glass of lemonade. A great visual to use with readers. She also shares strategies for practicing mindfulness and meditation. 


My bibliotherapy moment - 

"When I sit I can feel the ground beneath me. I can hear the birds chirping. I can smell the grass."

No comments:

Post a Comment