Monday, August 29, 2011

My Pete the Cat shoes are a HIT!

Here they are, my PETE the CAT shoes.  A wonderful raspberry color and I found them on a great sale.  Why raspberry?  It was/is a fun summer color.  It's warm.  It reminded me of raspberry sherbet.  The price was right.  Also, they are comfy and looked darling with any dress.  Was it worth it?  Yes!  My kids love them.  I wore them the night we met and the first day of school so they could find me.  There was actually disappointment when I didn't wear them the second day of school. 

We've been singing and rereading both Pete the Cat and Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes.  You can hear students singing during math workshop while we explore our math manipulatives.  As I've been reading and rereading my mind started wondering about the writing of these two books.  Is it intentional for Pete to be wearing red shoes while he is rocking in his school?  His white shoes turned red first.  If so, will his next adventure happen while wearing blue shoes?  YES, I'm already requesting a new book about PETE.  I also think PETE and Eric Litwin need to join twitter, I would follow them!

I hope your year is off to a wonderful start, mine has and it's busy.  Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I bought a pair of bright red ones for my start of the year too. I am thinking my kids will love them especially after we meet Pete the Cat. I love them already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rockin' cool shoes! Adorable! How cute that your kiddos thought you'd be wearing them every day! They'll never forget you and Pete! What a special memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes. I can see why the students did too! They're great. I hope you are having a good start to the year too. From the singing you mentioned, it sounds like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to be able to wear shoes like that to school... we are required to dress smartly.

    Of course tomorrow will be better. I certainly hope it is.

    I have awarded you with a Versatile Blogger Award because I really enjoy reading your posts!

    You can find the link to my post over here:

    http://www.teachermum.com/2011/08/seven-things-about-me/

    Keep those posts coming, and best you wear those shoes tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wear your rockin' raspberry shoes to the Dublin Lit Conference and meet Mr. Eric! You can tell him in person to join Twitter and write a blue shoes book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy~
    Love the shoes! It's so funny kids also asked about the intention of the shoe color! I agree, Mr. Eric and Pete need a twitter account!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your raspberry shoes. I am sure they were quite a hit. You have an intriguing theory about the shoes. Hope you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bill, I forgot he was coming to the Dublin Lit Conference I am so there with my raspberry shoes!

    ReplyDelete