Saturday, March 1, 2014

SLICE 2014 - 1 of 31 Possibilities

Possiblities.  Today is the first of March and I'm excited to be slicing.  I tried to capture possibilities throughout my day.  It's possible to get back on track and begin my days by walking my dogs.  So, I did and twenty degrees felt like a heat wave here in Ohio.  It's possible my fifth grader could win her first basketball game and have a second game today.  She did.  It's possible to go grocery shopping for lunch, turn it in to groceries for the week and check it off my list.  It's possible to take the Christmas lights down when the temperatures are 46 degrees.  It's possible to discover little sprouts of daffodils and iris in my garden.  It's possible spring is on it's way.  It's possible the weather man is right and if my groceries are bought then maybe I should help the birds and squirrels and put some food out for them.  It's possible my daughter will win her second basketball game and go to the championship game Sunday.  She did.  It's possible to gather with her team afterwards and make new friends while enjoying pizza and good food.  It's possible the weatherman is wrong about their forecast and there will be no major storm here by morning.  My slice of life is going to welcome and encourage possiblities.  Thank you for sharing it with me.

8 comments:

  1. Love this list of possibilities! What a promising slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter played outside in 27 degree weather for almost an hour the other day. This is a kid who hates the cold. It's funny how our perspective about temperatures changes when it's been so cold for so long.

    Glad you're joining us, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many possibilities in your busy day! Keeping my fingers crossed that the storm will fizzle out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slicing brings possibilities and gives so many lenses to look through at our lives. Congrats to your young basketball player.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your listing of all of the possibilities of your day! What a positive way to approach not only writing your first slice of 2014 but also life. Spring sounds wonderful where you are, and I hope you continue to greet each day by considering the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rhythm in this piece is so wonderful. I love the words - welcome and encourage possibilities. Congratulations to your daughter on her basketball game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for possibilities! We have not had the snow you have had there, but have lots of long, coooold, stretches. It's seven degrees right now! I, too, am hoping for the possibility of daffodils really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the repetition of "It's possible..." A little hint of spring is so uplifting, isn't it?! I'm glad to know someone else might have their Christmas lights still up.;-)

    ReplyDelete