Monday, February 1, 2016

#nf10for10 Sneak Peak with Wonderopolis!

It's an honor to host a #WonderChat tonight with my friend Cathy Mere.  

Wonderopolis is a perfect companion for nonfiction picture books and I thought I would share a #nf10for10 post early to give you some concrete examples.  When I began pulling ten nonfiction books I like to use from various favorite nonfiction authors I was surprised how easy it was to find a Wonder related to my picture book!  #nf10for10 is all about sharing books we love and I think pairing a Wonder with a picture book is one of the best ways to compare and contrast important points between too text.  





































7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this early post and connection to Wonderopolis. I've been eyeing my book shelf wondering which books will make the cut for the nonfiction 10 for 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I think I'm going to make a Wonder basket with some of my nonfiction books. Thanks Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the idea of pairing these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great way to pair books - Students are going to absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun to see these pairings, Mandy - this would be a wonderful (couldn't help it!) thing to do on a Padlet as a classroom resource.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pairs. And added another couple titles to my list.
    Tammy
    Apples with Many Seeds

    ReplyDelete