Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Slice of Life - a mini loaf for me!

Monday morning
in walks S
bubbly and grinning ear to ear
her voice becomes soft spoken
this is for you - zucchini bread
a mini-loaf for me!

fast forward Tuesday night

White cutting board
clear wrap
crumpled to the side
knife at rest
on the opposite side
brown polka dots
scattered about

my mini-loaf for me!
VANISHED
my mini-loaf was not for me!



I really didn't know what I was going to write about tonight.  I was just getting settled in to observe something closely in my house when my white cutting board jumped out at me on the kitchen island. I thought I might have a story here and what I didn't include is how do I ask S for another mini loaf of zuchinni bread and hide it from my family so it is just for me?!


Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers group for hosting our writing community and you can stop by the link provided to enjoy other slices from today.


3 comments:

  1. Your family sounds like mine. If there is food to be had, it must be shared and shared quickly. Sorry about your mini loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh! Maybe she reads your blog and you won't have to ask. Isn't it fun when a post finds us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ecstasy of anticipation followed by the agony of missing out on the mini loaf. What a fun read today!

    ReplyDelete