Monday, July 26, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading? {#IMWAYR}

I'm back for my second week and really loved knowing I was joining this community as I read last week. 

I continued to make progress with The Power of Moment  by Chip and Dan Heath while I rested during my strength training and How to Love the World - Poems of Gratitude and Hope by James Crews. If I'm being honest, I had a few nights where I fell asleep on the coach and didn't read it right before bed. So, I'm wondering if I should keep this book in my bathroom and not on my nightstand. Or the truly better planning would be to go to sleep in my bed and not on the couch.

I'm so happy to share I finished - Anorexia and Other Eating Disorders how to help your child eat well and be well by Eva Musby! Putting out here in the universe that I had been working on it for a year and sharing my ten pages a day plan held me super accountable. I really wish I had read the end of the this book - the last two chapters were an all on cheerleader mode and that is needed all the time when supporting an eating disorder.

How to Love the World - Poems of Gratitude and Hope by James Crews was a gift for my birthday. I've found reading  poetry right before bed helps settle my mind. This is a slow read with a poem or two a day.

I was then able to start Math in Practice A guide for Teachers by Susan O'Connell. True confession.  I skipped this companion book and jumped right to the activity and planning ideas in the grade two resource. I'm so happy I'm taking the time to read this guiding book before I jump into the grade three activity and planning book.

Thank you Jen at Teach Mentor Texts for co-hosting this event with Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers.

5 comments:

  1. Whew. That sounds like a lot of heavy reading! I hope you are able to pick up some fun books before heading back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Power of Moments. I feel like it's one I should go back to in order to refresh my memory. How to Love the World sounds lovely. Thanks for being part of the community!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've been reading some great books! It's great that you finished the book on eating disorders, and I hope you're able to get some more sleep in your bed and get a few more poems read from the other book! Math in Practice: A Guide for Teachers sounds quite helpful as well. Thanks so much for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the leap frogging over the theory bit to get to the math activities. I'm reading a book dealing with insulin and discovered that reading the cook book has taught me what I needed to know. That said, I still have a hard time with sugar....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of reading poetry right before bed to calm the mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete